As part of the launch of the Trust for Public Land [TPL] Climate Smart Boston program, Perkins+Will underwrote and Janice Barnes spoke at the event in November 2016. TPL previewed their Climate Smart Cities Toolkit.
- Austin Blackmon, Chief of Environment, City of Boston who spoke about the importance of maintaining focus on climate adaptation planning as a core principle for the City
- Brendan Shane, North American Regional Director, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group who reiterated the role of mayors and cities in general in the evolution to more climate ready futures
- Jad Daley, Vice President and Director of Program Development, The Trust for Public Land who focused on the ways in which TPL works with its communities to advance climate readiness
- Carl Spector, Commissioner of Environment, City of Boston who emphasized the City’s commitment to adaptation and mitigation
- Janice Barnes, Global Resilience Director, Perkins+Will who focused on the importance of green spaces for health, safety and welfare of our citizens
- Salvador Cartagena, Eastie Farm who demonstrated the possibilities of groundbreaking in our communities